Apr 18, 2014

Ara and OpenMod Wireless


Just returned home from Google's Project Ara Developer's Conference in Mountain View CA. I joined forces to help start OpenMod Wireless, a solutions company poised at providing Industrial Design, Electrical Engineering, Supply Chain, and Branding for companies looking to incorporate their technology into the Ara ecosystem. (Ara a modular smartphone where each part is interchangeable that will be released Q1 of 2015). My Job was to create these concepts to attract attention:
I really want to make translucent modules that glow:
These were all done with SolidWorks and Photoshop. It was also my job to create the branding and logo for OpenMod. It had to look great on a wide variety of products as we are interested in making all types of modules for Ara.
I even designed a 3D printed mockup without any given dimensions from Google. Special thanks from the Monroe Community College Engineering Sciences Dept.   I was close enough that the two actual blocks provided by 3D Systems fit snugly in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment